Yorkshire CCC Sack the lot

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by pompey_red, Dec 3, 2021.

1. ryc

rycalshaw Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its not that simple' the players that are being accused deserve the right to reply to the allegations just like in any court of law 'you can't just have kangaroo courts when it suits, if Hoggard admitted being guilty as charged then he deserves all he gets but other players have denied it and deserve to be heard....

2. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah.

Perhaps Gale can point to his great record when it comes to racism.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...orkshire-andrew-gale-no-racist-ashwell-prince

DavidCurriesMullet likes this.
  3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Gale should have been sacked years ago for being a poor coach. Yorkshire are quite in their right to sack him. They could have sacked him for his racist tweet. He could have been sacked back in 2014 for his Kolpak comment. He's got a lot of previous. Moxon had to go as well because it happened on his watch at the very least.

Many of the other 14 sacked may have a case they can win for unfair dismissal though to fire an entire department when many of them wouldn't have done a thing wrong.

4. ryc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes and so could Rafiq after admitting his anti semitic tweets but we are talking about a specific case where one player is accusing other players of racism and the accused haven't had the right to reply' a post higher up the thread states "can Gale prove his innocence" but i was always led to believe that guilt had to be proven not innocence and therein lies the problem..

5. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You mean like how Azeem admitted his guilt immediately when challenged and met in person with members of The Jewish Community (and before you scream PHOTO OPPORTUNITY, he didn't want it publicised, it was the people he met who went public with it). Like that?

I get that you don't like Azeem - plenty don't. I don't. But the racism at Yorkshire is in the public domain. Its there for everyone to see. It's backed up by third parties and witnesses. Those involved have 'previous' for racism. Vaughan tweeting about needing to learn a new language to visit London. Vaughan tweeting about speaking to foreigners in call centres. Gale racially abusing Ashwell Prince. These are all there for people to read. Hoggard admitting the racist culture. Balance admitting it, but hiding behind the 'banter defence'.

The racism is there for all to see at Yorkshire. As coach you are responsible for the culture and the dressing room - even if you aren't wearing a White Hood and brandishing a flaming torch.

People need to get out of their heads the "yes but Azeem did this" angle. As explained many, many times - Azeem Rafiq isn't the nicest person in the world. But that does not mean he is therefore somehow deserving of the racial abuse he has received. And others have received for that matter. Tabbi Bhatti was on the radio the other week speaking about it. Tabbi played cricket at Darfield a few years ago. He's a great bloke. He isn't lying about it.

6. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They have the chance to be heard. Unfortunately those who have exercised that right have admitted to the accusations against them and apologised or have made very unconvincing denials.
    There's one person in particular I'd like to believe there are mitigating circumstances for but it's difficult to see what they can be and even at this late stage he has chosen to make absolutely no comment. I'm at a loss as to why that is if he has a leg to stand on.

7. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    TBF they have sacked the whole training set up, so I think some of them have a right to be heard now.
    By that there will surely be at least one or two who will want to admit and apologise or deny any involvement.
    Now before anybody points out that they have had plenty of time so far, that's very easy to say sat behind a keyboard, but different in real life risking inflicting a media shitstorm on your family that you might have otherwise avoided.
    Other players have apologised ( Ballance immediately) and still been pilloried as has Rafiq ( but even he didn't until it was pointed out to him that he had been willing to use racist terms on another community).
    Nobody seems very pure in this mess to me.
    But at least the club have a chance now to start afresh and grow something good from it

8. ryc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But thats the point' Azeem admitted his guilt because he was guilty as was Ballance and Hoggard hence the apologies but the people that he's accusing are maintaining that they are not ..How do you know i don't like Azeem i don't know the lad so have no opinion on him i'm just making the point that the accused should be given a voice' i'm not defending YCCC or the people accused but they have a right to a defence if they are pleading not guilty its how it works...

9. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But this isn't about individuals or what they said. It's about an endemic culture within the club and the only way to emerge from this is to clear out the hierarchy and start again

10. WG Red

WG Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Medical staff and coaching staff are hardly hierarchy surely

11. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The people accused DO have a voice though. Nobody is stopping them saying whatever they want at this point as far as I'm aware.

12. ryc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't disagree with you its obviously an issue but it is about individuals because Azeem has made it so and because he's done that the individuals have a right to reply..

13. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They are though, they absolutely create and are part of the dressing room culture. My understanding the medical staff is a third party provider anyway so they've just ended that contract. The size and scale of the damage necessitates a bold approach, there has to be a clear break from before if fans, international cricket, and sponsors are to return to the club.

14. WG Red

WG Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not much they can do if sacked other than appeal unfair dismissal though .....plenty of wrong doings at Yorkshire but surely a whole department of people won’t be all guilty. How would you feel if you were in a department and paid the price for maybe someone else being a racist and you got sack too.

15. ryc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes Michael vaughan on the bbc still denied the allegations but was hung out to dry anyway
    They've hardly been afforded the same platform as Azeem though have they?' i've seen one interview with Michael vaughan on the bbc in which he still denied being racist but was fired by said bbc anyway...

16. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I felt I was not guilty I'd state my case and sue for wrongful dismissal. Nobody is saying they can't.

17. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Vaughan has denied it but there's plenty of evidence out there that totally undermines his case. If he'd not made the other comments of a racist nature I'm sure he'd have been afforded much more leeway.
    Just because someone says they didn't do it doesn't mean that that's all OK then. The balance of evidence suggests he probably did and, I'm my opinion, he's quite rightly been denied a role in the game for the immediate future.

18. ryc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    we'll have to agree to disagree mate' i don't believe in balances of evidence and probablys' we can't be in a place where innocence has to be proven rather than guilt..

19. WG Red

WG Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Compensation foe wrongful dismissal does not compensate for losing your livelihood in the majority of cases....you make it sound so right!

20. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Furthermore I'd say they have exactly the same platform as Rafiq. Vaughan is an internationally known ex sportsman and high profile commentator. Anything he says is news. Any statement by Moxon or Gayle would similarly be plastered all over the media instantly. This is a huge story and any comments from either side will be front page news.