Super 6 pass?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by redarmychris, Mar 7, 2016.

1. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is anyone actually taking the club up on this offer?

All I've read so far both on here and Facebook is..

"It's a great offer and well done to the club but.....''

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I won't be getting one because I have a season ticket but I do think it's a great offer. I hope people do respond and make the offer a success because if it fails the club can say 'we tried but the interest isn't there'.

3. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is a good offer but to make 6 out of 6 games may be a struggle for most who aren't usually committed to games.

Maybe any 4/6 games would have been a better option.

Even I'm throwing the buts in now.

Anyway well done to the club and I hope it's successful.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    80% sure ill be doing it I will probley end up spending more going game by game if I don't I do work some Saturdays but It's only 4 Saturday games left I can work round that.

5. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I guess [MENTION=6654]pontyender[/MENTION] will be as he's been bugging the club to do this for yonks.

6. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There must a quite a lot of fans who for one reason or another have let their season ticket lapse and have stopped going or pick and choose their games and pay on the gate. Hopefully this will be seen as a good offer, good enough to tempt them to pay in advance for their tickets, at a reduced rate.

They could go on for ever trying to accommodate different circumstances but this is a good place to start.

7. Whi

Whitey Guest

I've commended them on the deal, and added a personal 'but'. Because it's something I'd have taken advantage of if I wasn't going to miss three of the six matches. I work near enough 3 out of 4 weekends at present, we're so ******* busy at our place it's unreal to be honest. I've actually applied for a different job, internally like, same place but no weekends.

I don't get my new set of holidays until April so can't even do what I'd usually do and book a matchday off.

I used my last three holidays for the Wembley weekend.

8. funnyfella23

funnyfella23 Well-Known Member

Civil Servant
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would have also chucked in something else at zero cost but might persuade more to take it up.

Simply say you would become a priority category for any remaining away tickets after season pass holders and centenary. Do not need to mention that may include playoffs and Wembley again but that simple offer could well be interpreted as including that if we made it.

9. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    3 mates with kids in the family stand ordering them in the morning for them.

10. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair I don't think he has. There's been a long term clamour for a flexible ticket package over a season. One that allows fans who can't attend all games to buy a pass for say 10, with a bit of a discount and the club having the advantage of more certainty of income for financial planning. This isn't that. It's a quarter season ticket, and it'll hopefully attract people who can go to most games but for whatever reason have stopped.

Personally I think it's a great idea and well done to the club. But I hope if the take up isn't good it isn't used as an excuse for not introducing a flexible multi game pass because they're different things.

11. Whi

Whitey Guest

This is bang on. I'd take them up on some sort of flexi-season ticket, say £200 for any twelve games or summat. Ideal for those of us who live away and work weekends. And as you say, it's certain income before the season begins. I think Micky Finn's been banging the drum for it, and I understand why.

12. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The only argument I can see against it is the club might be worried it'll result in some season ticket holders choosing it over renewing. But season ticket numbers seem pretty stable and let's be honest, the feelgood factor at the moment seems the perfect time to strike.

13. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Excellent BFC. I am one who has been clamouring for this (well a flexi ticket) for ages. Typically, I got a half season ticket this Christmas as a one-off so I won't be getting one. I 100% would have otherwise though.

14. Whi

Whitey Guest

You make a good point. There is an element of risk to it. But season ticket holders normally buy them long before the season begins. So you could introduce the flexi ticket late. Mid July or whatever, once the bulk of your season ticket holders have renewed. I dunno, I'm not employed in marketing, but I know I'm far from the only person who'd purchase such a ticket. I know so many in a similar boat these days, weekend working has increased massively in the last decade.

15. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been "bugging the club" to do a flexi ticket. I said yesterday in one of the threads that if there was an offer it was bound to include one of the two Tuesday games I can't go to. Having said that, I've now decided to book a couple of sickies.

16. Journo Tyke

Journo Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Agree with the flexi-ticket idea. I work 1 in 3 Saturdays and 1 in 3 Tuesday evenings, plus have a baby to help look after. £25+ for one game is hard to justify hence most times I've been this season are when it's been cheaper or I've borrowed a pass.

If I could buy 10 games for say £180 (still more per game than a season ticket) I'd probably do that and end up going to a couple more games.

As long as seasons tickets are still the best value people will still buy them if they can go most weeks.

17. KFC

KFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Another argument against would be that if you sell a 'flexi' ticket, it's exactly the same as selling a season ticket, because you have to guarantee a seat available to the flexi ticket holder for every game, regardless of the circumstances.

So, say there's a really high demand game in the middle of the season (maybe Wednesday next season!), the club can't re-sell the seats purchased by the flexi ticket holder, and they may end up empty, meaning loss of income. It's only when the flexi ticket has been used to its maximum number of games that the seat can be re-sold.

In our current circumstances, that scenario is extremely unlikely of course, so I'd still be very supportive of the idea, I'm just pointing out a possible counter-argument. They may say that once introduced, it's hard to remove later.

I wonder also if, for example, we sell 2000 flexi tickets, does that increase the policing costs, as the crowd is 'potentially' 2k higher each game?

Be interesting for the club to respond to the question though, as anecdotally there seems to be plenty of demand.

18. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, I don't think you do. If it's made very clear, from the very start of any flexi-ticket offer, that the book of 5/8/10 or whatever vouchers does NOT guarantee you a match ticket, I'd have no complaints with that. I make maybe four games a season, five at very most, but would happily stump up for eight at the right price, paid upfront, and would try and get to the extra games. Still have to book a ticket for the games I can make in the normal way, but just exchange one of my vouchers instead of cash/CC.

19. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i guarantee you would be in a very small minority. There would be hell on, if people bought one of these and then weren't allowed to get to a particular game. How do other Clubs do it? To be honest it feels too complicated to me. Only way I could see this kind working, would be to make sections of the ground unreserved seating. With season tickets being dotted all over the place, how easy would that be? People would then object to being forced to sit in specific parts of the stadium. Otherwise I think you would have to choose the games in advance, and have a specific seat allocated.

I do think some people just want to be able to to rock up to any given match and pay on the day. The issue is with the price, and I suspect the price they're wanting to pay, generally isn't realistic.

We'll see what the take up of the 6-match passes is like.

20. mat

matthewWAB New Member

Think an offer like this would work better on a flexi basis and should be launched at beginning of season.

Good idea though. Well done BFC.